Source: two peas & their pod
Yield: Serves 2-4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This quick and easy flatbread recipe is perfect for spring! It makes a great light lunch, dinner, or party appetizer.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 large asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whole grain flatbread or naan bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios, shells removed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese, chives, and lemon zest. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into long, thin shavings. Place shavings in a small bowl. Drizzle a little of the olive oil over the asparagus shavings and gently toss.
3. Drizzle a little olive oil over the flatbread. Place dollops of goat cheese evenly over the flatbread. Top with shaved asparagus. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Place flatbread on a large baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp. Remove from oven and top with chopped pistachios and lemon zest. Serve immediately.